Sunday, September 23, 2007

just an update............

All of us... Jess, Adam, Kati and me
the pre-game show

This week has been busy once again... I don't ever feel like I get much done or even do anything that exciting, but the days go by so fast. I wanted to update my blog because this is the only type of "journal" I keep. Thursday Tessa had her 4 month well check. She weights 13.4 pounds. She is 25% for weight, 50% for height and 75% for head. I guess big heads run in the family being that Ryan's wife, Taryn, just had to have a c-section on Monday because her baby's head was too big. Tessa got her 1st round of immunizations. I waited this long because I just hate having my little babies get shots. She has really suffered from them. For 2 days it made her cranky and she would at times just cry and cry and there was nothing I could do to comfort her. I really think I'll skip the ones at her next appt. because I hate to see her suffer and I know she was in pain.


Friday I took Frog Eye salad to Hannah and Emily's class for a snack. (thanks to Kristi's blog for the recipe and idea that came from it.)They had been studying frogs all week and I thought that would be a fun thing for them. It's funny because Friday morning I had the girls try it and they didn't like it at all, but when everyone else in the class liked it all of a sudden they did too. Hannah told me the reason for the change is that when she tried it in the morning it was only a little bit, but when she had a big amount and could taste it all together suddenly it tasted better. Emily told me that things just taste different in the morning. Anyway, the salad was a hit and I'm glad I could do it. Friday night I had my weekly massage appointment. This time with hot and cold stones- it was wonderful! I'm so addicted!


Tonight Kati and Adam invited Jess and I to go to the ASU football game with them. It was a lot of fun to go out and they are such fun people to be with. They had really great tickets from Adams grandparents. Let me start by saying that our parking space was reserved and literally the one closest to the gate where you go in. It was so nice not having to walk a mile just to get to the stadium. Our seats were in the Loge. I'm not sure what that means other than that all the food and drinks on that level were complimentary. We joked that between all of us we probably drank $50 in soda alone- just because it was free. They served fajitas, hotdogs and beans, pretzels, popcorn, peanuts and different types of cookies. It was so nice because normally we wouldn't have bought any food because we are to cheap to pay those prices. I'm so tired and have to get up early for an interview with the stake president tomorrow.
When the scheduler called today to make the appointment she said that he wanted to see us at 8:30 AM! I asked if there were any other times (who does that?) and she told me no, he wants to see you at 8:30. Then I said, well I don't know what I'll do with our kids and she said- oh, just bring them. I don't know about you, but that's the last thing I want to do. We'd have to all wake up at 6:30 to be there by 8:30- and that's just not my thing. I'm glad I have kids that like to sleep in. Luckily, the girl across the street said she'd come over and watch them while we are gone. I'm sure they'll all be asleep anyway. Well I'd better get to bed.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun night, especially being with Katie and Adam! and free food that makes it the best! I would have eaten even though I was full.

can't wait to hear about your stake president's interview...

mom

j2nielsen said...

Hey I am glad that you went to the game instead of Tom's party. I felt so bad that I hadn't gotten back to you about that. But then I hadn't heard from you either so I figured it was fine. So glad you guys had fun at the game. It sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Kristen said...

How Fun!

Let us know what the stake Pres. wanted??? 8:30 is so early!

Supercool Mom said...

I know what you mean about shots - you can request that your dr. give them individually instead of 10 at a time, maybe one each visit would be better for her...that way you might be able to identify which one really bothers her.

Carolee said...

The game sounded so fun. I love hanging out with Kati. How did you two stay on your WW diet with all of that around?

Melissa said...

WW didn't happen at the ASU game!

Taryn said...

I would've loved going to that game JUST for the free food!

Supercool Mom said...

Weekly Massage!!!! I am soooo jealous.

Supercool Mom said...

What day do you go to WW? Maybe I need to meet up with you and start going again? email me at hotmamabeader at hotmail dot com

Jayne said...

you need a new blog

mom

Kristen said...

Whatcha waiting for..update your blog already!!!!!

Summer said...

How did I not know you have a blog?? You left a comment a while ago and I tried to look at your blog and it said you didn't have one! Well I'm glad I found it this time!

You have such a cute family. I don't know how you did it with twins!! I'll be sure to peek in on you every now and then. Thanks for your sweet comment!

onehm said...

I found your blog from Hotmama...
And I just had to say hi~ What cute girls you have!
And I had to laugh because it is such a small world. Adam and Kati were in our ward 6 years ago! They are so fun!
;o)