Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bridget's first day of preschool




I'm going to have to try and get a little more creative with my title's, but until I find that creativity I'll just have to be matter of fact.


On Tuesday Bridget started preschool at Orange Patch preschool. The teachers are 2 moms for the area (Tingey girls) and one was a teacher before she had kids. They do it at the sisters house who lives one street away from me. How nice is that! When the weather cools off I'll be able to walk her to and from school and in the mean time if Tessa is sleeping I can just run there and back in about 2 minutes in my car. (don't tell anyone that I said that.) Bridget was so excited to start school. We had a big build up to it the past few weeks as she had to be potty trained in order to go to school and although she has been completely capable for the past few months, she just didn't have the motivation. She's done great using the potty and really hasn't had many accidents (just a few by the toilet because she couldn't get on fast enough), but on the way home from preschool she had an accident in my car. Yes, you heard that- in the one minute drive home she had an accident. I was so bugged because that one little accident caused me about an hour worth of work trying to get it cleaned out of the seat of my car. I've been wanting a new car for the past few months, but was really glad that I still had my old one when that happened.


As far as preschool went- she loved it! When I picked her up her teacher said that she cracked them up the whole time. She's quite the ham! Bridget keeps reminding me how big she is getting and she sure has an independent personality. She wants to do everything herself. Yesterday she was talking about how she could do something because she was big and she jumped off the couch and stood up and said, "see mom, look how long my legs are." The funny thing about that statement is that she takes after me in the height department and really has short stubby legs.


Tessa was sick the past 2 days and I took her to the doctor yesterday afternoon. She has an ear infection and pink eye. Who knows where that came from?! The doctor got her all set up with medicine (I hate that she has to take antibiotics so young). She did a little better sleeping last night because he also gave me an RX for numbing drops to put in her ear. I wish I'd had those for all my other kids ear infections over the years. They worked great and I could tell they helped her out a lot.
(I can't figure out how to move my pictures around to be in proper order. The first one is of my sick baby, Tessa. The next one is of Bridget on her 1st day of preschool.)

4 comments:

Carolee said...

Poor Tessa, Im glad you took her to the Dr. and I have never heard about numbing drops for an ear infection. Good to know for the next time, wait shouldnt Jeff have known about those?

I love Bridget, she cracks me up just thinking about her.

Kristen said...

Bridgete is so cute! That is a dress I gave you I think. How nice that preschool is down the street!

Glad Tessa is feeling better.

Christina said...

okay now im just waiting for joy to get a blog and then kristen to ask me to do HER PHOTO TOO!! hahha

im all about letting little babies sleep!!!

that was funny about bridget and her LONG legs--

Supercool Mom said...

Glad the baby is better! Be careful, this blogging thing is soooo addictive! (But it's so nice to have contact with the outside world while you're maintaining your own crazy little house!)