Thursday, March 20, 2008

Here's another one

My cute baby Tessa. 10 months (before she was tortured) and Bridget, 3 1/2
Okay, now I'm on a roll... This afternoon I decided it was time to start "sleep training" Tessa. Yeah, it makes my stomach turn just typing those words. So I nursed her and then put her down in her crib and walked out. She immediately started crying because she never just goes to sleep for me. Well, after over 2 hours (yep, 2 hours) of screaming, wailing, dry heaving, making choking sounds, etc., she finally conked out. That was so hard for me to endure. I did go in about 3 times to try to comfort her, but that just made it worse. I hate this part so much. I'm so dreading tonight, but I know that if I don't follow through then what happened today was in vain. So, I put her down at 2, it was after 4 when she finally dropped from exhaustion and now it's approaching 6:30. I guess I should wake her up so she's good and tired for tonight. She's already proved she has a lot of stamina even when she's tired, I can't image what she'll be able to do if she's not tired. Oh, I'm so dreading tonight...

4 comments:

Dena said...

Good luck with the sleep training! I know how hard that can be. Ally has been sick off an on sick before Christmas. I don't think she's slept though the night since Thanksgiving! Also, for naps, I can lay Ally down in her bed and she'll go to sleep no problem, but for some reason she won't do that at night. When I do get her to sleep, she will wake up an hour laterand then at least once more during the night. Who knows why. When I'm up with Ally tonight (see how hopeful I am for a full nights sleep), I'll be thinking about you!

SuperCoolMom said...

Ah, she used to be such a happy little thing...

You'll both survive. I'm a hard hearted Mom and I train 'em early. E. won't go to sleep anywhere but her bed, which is great - when we're home. But at 9 am, 1 pm, and 7 pm we'd better be home, or we're in trouble.

Athack77 said...

Don't give up, remember it's a lot harder on the mom than the kid! She'll get a little better each day. Just remember that when you feel like caving in.

gojensens said...

Danny had to start the sleep training with Van because I'm a baby when it comes to it. Van is 16 months now and we just started last week, but finally last night after I put him down and walked out he didn't even cry, yeah for Danny! He still wakes up in the middle of the night and I'm too tired to do anything, but lay with him, I need to stop that bad habbit!