Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah...





Okay, so here's a post. I know I'm way overdue and I have lots I could document in my "journal"/blog. I could list lots of reasons why I haven't posted, but the honest goodness reason why I don't do it is plain and simple. I have never been a good journal writer and I much prefer to spend my time reading others blogs than write one of my own. It's a lot more fun that way. So what do you think of that?

Well, today I was watching Bridget ride her bike and I realized that I meant to write about her learning to rider her bike 2 1/2 months ago and never did. So here's the story and the pictures (that I just took today).

Bridget got a new bike for Christmas from Santa and loved riding it. After about 2 weeks she decided that training wheels just weren't for her and she asked Jess to take them off. He worked with her for about an hour and she hasn't stopped since! She loves to ride her bike. She's so funny to watch because she's so small. Her initiative in riding just shows her personality. She doesn't let anything stop her if she wants to do it. Not her age, her size, anything. I know she's not the 1st 3 year old to ride a 2 wheel bike (Hannah and Emily were almost 6 before they could do it) , but it just impressed me that she took the initiative to do it. She is almost 3 1/2 now and is so much fun!

4 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Wow! I can't believe that she's riding a 2 wheeler already! With that kind of determination you'd better watch out! That's the kind of girl who's going places someday!

Jayne said...

just think how fun she will be as a 13 year old.
can't wait to see it

Athack77 said...

It sounds like she's finding her own way. It can be hard to be the child right under twins because she has to find out where she fits in since she doesn't have a built in BF. What a cutie!

gojensens said...

Bridget is so dang cute! I showed Max this picture yesturday and he wanted to take his training wheels off right then and practice riding his bike. He couldn't believe a 3 year old could ride there two wheel bike. So we went to the park for F.H.E. and practiced. He's still not quite ready.