Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

neighborhood party
the trailers behind the quad

friend, friend, hannah, emily and bridget
after the wright house egg huntemily and hannah reenacting the egg toss
This weekend started out with a neighborhood egg hunt and party that my friend across the street does. She goes all out and rents a bounce house and hides over a thousand eggs for the kids. Each egg contains a slip for a prize and some have candy too. She goes all out with the prizes- my kids come home every year with tons of new toys and candy. This year Jess borrowed a trailer to pull the kids around the street behind a quad. It was a hit.



Today Jess spoke in Church and then right after church we headed to the Wright House for another neighborhood egg hunt. The kids got a bunch of candy and then came home to watch the movie they got from the easter bunny (Enchanted). The easter bunny also brought them swim suits and Hannah gave me the eye when she saw the Old Navy tag on hers. I said, "why are you looking at me that way?" and she said, " I know you like to shop at old navy. Are you sure you're not the easter bunny?" I just laughed. I think the end is near for hannah and emily to still believe.



This evening we went to my Aunt Louise's for dinner. She is so good about hosting everyone every year. There were probably about 65 of us there and we had the traditional egg toss and then egg hunt with regular eggs and then money eggs. Hannah came away with $16, but bridget and emily only got a little more than a dollar. Emily was bummed, but a good sport at the same time. The girls had so much fun playing with cousins. I can't believe school starts again tomorrow. I guess things will get back to normal again.

12 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

awesome easter! way fun egg hunts and parties!

Kristen said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter! Your neighbor knows how to throw a party.
Sounds like Aunt Louise's house was fun too. Wish we could have been there.

Cute pictues, I like the one where Bridgette is posing:)

Dena said...

Wow! What a nice neighbor to go to all that work, but what FUN! Sounds like a great time was had by all!

SuperCoolMom said...

What fun! That trailer is so cool!

I kind of blew the bunny secret too - Sade wasn't lovin the shirt the EB brought and I whispered, "Well, I got you another outfit too but I didn't want K to know that you got two so I'll give it to you later." She kind of looked at me strange. Oh well, she's 10, it's about time she knew.

gojensens said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of excitting Easter parties! I'm sure your kids had a lot of fun! P.S. Look at your older posts I just posted comments.

j2nielsen said...

We miss everybody so much. We just stayed home for Easter this year and let me tell you...we were thinking of all of you that day! Glad things are going well!

Athack77 said...

Looks like a great weekend! Your neighborhood really knows how to party. I can see Jess now driving the kids around. LOL

Jackie Howe said...

Hi Melissa, I got your blog from Kristen's. Your girls have grown so fast! Your baby Tessa is adorable. I like her birth announcement you sent out when she was born. Well I hope all is well and keep in touch. You can check out my blog at howesatthebeach.blogspot.

Dawna said...

Hey Ms. Melissa!

Your Easter party looks so fun...I loved the train ride. Very cool. I hosted a neighborhood egg hunt at my house this year...can you say sucker? LOL At least the kids had a blast.

Well I'm happy to report that I'm an official blogger. Check out my creation...it's definitely a work in progress. Ugh. http://thedaughertyparty.blogspot.com/

michelle said...

It looks like you had a fun Easter! How fun to have a neighbor throw a party for Easter! :)

Camille said...

Looks like fun--they moved in after I'd already (pretty much) left the street, so I never got to observe the festivities. Looks like quite the experience, though.

Anonymous said...

I wish one of my neighbors would do that! I'm not as good as Dawna to host one myself. whoa.