Tuesday, December 11, 2007

An Update.......


Our stake celebrated it's 125 anniversary this year and as part of the celebration they had a play that was written by someone in the stake and based off of some of the early mormon mesa settlers lives. Jess, Emily, Hannah and Bridget were all in it. It was quite the production and they had 3 shows this past weekend. They all did a great job. Emily and Hannah especially love doing things like that. They were so cute. At the end there was a waltz dance with all the young kids and it was my favorite part. I couldn't believe they did such a good job! The lady who choreographed it used to be on the BYU ballroom dance team. I was impressed with what she got the kids to do. The last night of the show on the way home bridget said to me, "Mom, I don't want to be a pioneer anymore. It's too hard." I thought that was so funny because really it is too hard to be a pioneer and all they went through. She was just worn out from all the rehearsals. The rehearsal schedule has been pretty much tues-friday night and saturdays for the last 2 months. The past 2 weeks they have been at rehearsal until 10:15-11:30pm depending on the night. My girls have been so tired for school. They have just come home from school each day and taken a nap and then gone straight to rehearsal. Jess has been even busier because not only was he in the play, but he was in charge of all the Audio/Visual in the play. He set up 4 huge screens with projectors and made a power point presentation to go along with the play. (the above picture is of him starting to take down the stuff after the play. Anyway, it was quite impressive for a stake play. They set it up as a theater in the round (I think that's what it's called) where the stage was on the floor of the culteral hall and there were risers with chairs for the audience all around. Jess grew a beard for this and I was so happy (he was too) to be able to shave it on Sunday morning. (I'll post those pictures later- they are pretty funny)Dress rehearsal
dress rehearsal
Jess and his stage wife
Emily and Hannah with their stage mom and 2 stage sisters to the right.

Bridget and her stage mom.

Emily
Hannah and Emily




Hannah, Bridget, Jess, Emily


Tonight we 1/2 way put together a gingerbread house. I say half way because the icing wouldn't hold the roof, so I told the girls we'd have to decorate the rest tomorrow after it dries. I was wishing I had ordered a gingerwood house as my roof kept sliding down. We were going to do this as our FHE activity last night, but Jess got sick and went to bed right after work. He did the same tonight, and I felt too bad to make the girls wait another day so we just did it without him. Bridget likes eating the candy and licking the frosting the best.

















Here is a picture of our tree. Last week I had the box of ornaments next to the tree and we had planned to decorate as a family, but with play practice it just didn't happen. I let the girls stay home from school one day because they were so worn out and since they were home I decided to make the best of it and they "babysat" bridget and tessa so I could take a nap. When I woke up they had completely decorated the tree themselves. I thought it was a great job for 2- 7 year olds and a 3 year old.







Tessa turned 7 months yestereday (12/10/07) What a sweet baby she is!








4 comments:

Jayne said...

that was a great update!
loved all the pictures, and yes the girls did a great job on the tree, what a novel idea, have them stay home from school decorate the tree and entertain the two younger ones while you get to take a nap!
I should have thought of that in my younger days!

the play looked wonderful,
Ahh, I remember the day of cookie houses, they are just darn hard to put together, and yes, Melly you loved licking all the candy too stuck on the houses. You and bridget are two peas in a pod!
hope Jess is feeling better

Kristen said...

Yes what a fun post! Loved seeing all the pictures from the play, looked really neat (I laughed at the picture of jess, Bridgette, and the other woman :) haha

I would have loved to have seen it. Your girls looked really cute!
Your tree lookes really pretty!

j2nielsen said...

That tree is pretty good, it looks really nice. I am glad that the play went well and you are probably glad that it is all over now! I loved all of the pictures!

gojensens said...

The pictures from the play are so cute, I wish I did go and see it last Saturday, that would have been fun!
Wow, your girls did do an amazing job on that tree, I'm impressed!