Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas card pictures

This afternoon I finally took some pictures of my kids for our Christmas Cards. I know I'm way late as usual, but I really had good intentions. In October I talked to a photographer about doing family photos for us and that same night Jess came home and told me he was growing a beard starting that day (for the play). I wasn't about to pay someone to take picures of us with him in a beard. It's just not the look I like. (I promise, picutes to follow...) Anyway, here it is the 12th and I decided now or never so I quickly went through the girls closets and found some Christmasy looking dresses. It was quite the ordeal trying to get everyone to stay where I put them and look at me a smile at the same time. I feel bad because I wasn't feeling the Christmas Spirit through it all. I was way too stressed out. I took about 50 pictures, but really didn't have anything I was really happy with. I settled on one and off to Costco photo online for 150 prints to be made. My goal is to have everything done and sent by Saturday. I wish Tessa and Bridget would have been smiling in this picture because I like the position of the girls and Hannah and Emily's hair in this one.
This is the picture I ended up having printed.

6 comments:

Summer said...

What a cute picture! I totally feel your pain, we paid a photographer to take our pictures and Paul was a stinker the whole time!!! Don't feel too bad about not having your cards out yet because I don't either. I'm just trying to tackle on thing at a time...maybe some day I'll get caught up!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute. That big play your stake did looks really cool. Totally above and beyond... I love your blog, it makes it so much easier to kit.

michelle said...

Your girls are darling! I wonder what it is about those Christmas card pictures that stresses us, as Mom's out! I go thru the same thing every year.

Your stake play looks like it was amazing! What a neat memory for your family!

Kristen said...

Oh I love your pictures! Bridgette's hair looks so cute, I love her with Bangs!
Nice job...I think I'm going to "try" and tackle the picture and get cards sent out.

gojensens said...

You take great pictures! The girls all look so cute!

SuperCoolMom said...

It looks like you all had a great Christmas! That play sounds amazing, but what a lot of work at this time of year!