Monday, December 3, 2007

And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care....

The stocking picture was supposed to come up first. Oh well, I don't know how to change it. We got a few of our Christmas decorations out tonight. We are planning on doing the tree tomorrow for FHE. Bridget is sooo excited about the tree, decorations, santa, Christmas in general. It is all she talked about tonight. The above picture of my nativity was set up all of 5 minutes before Jesus got decapitated. Bridget was in the living room by herself when we heard a crashing sound. I saw her run behind the couch and hannah asked her why she broke Jesus. She said, "I didn't do it, I don't know how it happened." She did feel bad because she wouldn't even look up at me. I think she was playing with one of the other figures and accidently knocked it off of the table. Poor Jesus. I'm going to have to try and salvage his head. It's in 3 bigger pieces and then about 4 smaller pieces. It will be a delicate surgery.

I also got the stockings and wreath out. I got them last year after Christmas at 75% off. So what would have cost me $120 only ended up costing $30. Talk about a deal! We didn't even have a Christmas tree last year because we were going to be at my moms for Christmas and I knew they would be so much cheaper after Christmas so I waited and bought all my decorations at Target super cheap. I'll post a picture of my tree after we get it up. I still need to add names to the stockings. I'm not sure what to do yet.

I'm up again with Tessa and her cough. It always gets worse at night and wakes her up. At least she's happy. I keep having to give her cough medicine. It makes me nervous because even though the Dr. prescibed it- Walgreens refused to fill it. They said it was too dangerous and so I had to Fry's to get it filled. If that hadn't happened I wouldn't even think twice about giving it to her. So for the past 6 nights I put her to sleep without it, then she wakes up coughing and then I give her the medicine and it takes about 30 minutes for it to kick in and then she goes back to sleep. No better time to blog than at 4:00am.

13 comments:

Jayne said...

that picture of tessa is so darn cute.. how can you be bugged at 4:00 am with that happy smiling face?

Brigette, see I told her she was just like you, when you were the same age, you broke off the donkey's ears on MY nativity set. so we have an ear less donkey.. always reminds me of YOU..
good luck on the delicate surgery!
your decorations looks great

gojensens said...

You're decorations look so good! My mother-in-law is big on the after Christmas decoration sales and so for Christmas every year we get something new to decorate our house with from her.
Poor baby Tessa, Van has had a yucky nose forever and it keeps waking him up at night, no fun. But I've heard not to give cough medicine to babies younger than 6 months old, it's hard when she does do so much better with it, I'm just too scared. Another thing I heard is to put Vicks on the bottom of her feet and then put socks on and it will stop a cough. I just heard of it, so try it and let me know if it's true. Hope she gets better soon!
P.S. We'll be in Mesa next weekend for a wedding on Danny's side, maybe we can stop by and say hi.

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo! good job decorating. and smart thinking on the waiting for the after christmas sale!

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh and I'd just go for the medicine at night. just so both of you can get some rest. poor thing. i always feel bed when they are awake coughing.

Kristen said...

Poor Tessa and her cough...hope she gets better soon

LOVE your decoations! They are so pretty!!

SuperCoolMom said...

So fun to see her so happy even when she's sick. I love your Christmas decorations. My tree has all plastic ornaments and Thank Goodness because P. has been hacking them all off with his sword. I haven't been too uptight though because they're all crap that I bought for $20 at Michael's for exactly that reason. Hopefully they'll last for a couple more years and then I can get out the box of good stuff again.

j2nielsen said...

Carolyn took all of the stockings to some place where they lived and got them stitched with the names. It looks really good and I think that it is inexpensive. I am not sure.

Cara Fish said...

I love that every time you tell a funny story, it involves Bridget. That kid CRACKS me up.

Lish said...

Hey I'm with Jenny on trying out the Vicks thing. My sister-in-law has done it alot with my nephew and she says it works everytime for the cough. Really how do you get things done when it seems like your ususally up most of the nights way late? You amaze me!

michelle said...

Your decorations are beautiful! Good job finding those darling stockings last year! I hope your little one gets to feeling better. It is always sooo hard when they aren't feeling well.

Kalli Monroe said...

poor little tessa or really poor u:) your decorations look good, dont u love this time of year!

gojensens said...

I'm sad we didn't get to see you while in AZ last weekend, but thanks for helping me out with the Cafe Rio (yum), and with Gayla's # it was so fun seeing her and Tracy!

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)